Blood Angels Death Company
After much deliberation, browsing pictures of ‘black’ miniatures on dakka dakka the only truly black example that I found and liked was at cool mini or not, and I don’t have the skill nor the patience to pull that off… so I decided to give my good old airbrush (read easy blends!) a try.
I primed with Vallejo black surface primer, followed by a coat of Reaper Adamantium Black, followed by a highlight of blackened steel. You can see the ‘raw’ airbrush output, which makes the models look very, very grey compared to a pure black model.
I then applied two layers of Games Workshop badab black wash, which darkened the grey look significantly. The models ended up looking a bit ‘drab’ and I’m hoping that a satin varnish applied as the last protective coat will add enough shine/contrast/depth to give the effect of highlighted black armor instead of oily grey armor. We’ll see how it turns out!
Leave a Reply