Forgeworld Reaver Titan Servitors
Overall I’m happy with the color scheme of the ‘interior’ of the titan. Instead of going with a very dirty, washed gunmetal or chainmail, I went for a ‘worn grey paint’ look. My inspiration was the inside of a Sea Knight helicopter sitting on the USS Midway aircraft carrier here in San Diego (see below for picture)
- Primed with Duplicolor grey sandable primer
- Airbrushed base coat of Reaper Master Series 9089 Cloudy Grey
- Airbrushed highlight of Reaper Master Series 9090 Misty Grey
- Skin tone is Reaper Fair Skin Tone triad, with a wash of Vallejo 73.204 flesh wash after the reaper ‘Fair Skin Shadow’ but before the two highlight layers were applied.
- I wanted the tubes to look ‘transparent’ with fluids (blood) going in/out of the servitor through the tube. I base coated white, slapped on a layer of Games Workshop gloss coat, then applied a very thin wash of clear blue and green (9096/9097) and matt medium and water. Overall I’m happy with the color, but not with the red lines… if I were to do it again I’d just go with the clear blue affect.
- The black is simply pure black, with edge highlighting from a woodless graphite pencil
- The metallic smudging/worn paint was applied by rubbing the woodless graphite pencil along the rivits, then smudging the graphite around randomly with my finger tip.
- Here’s the inspiration picture (click to enlarge):