Magnetizing the arms of the Warhound Titan
Below are the steps I took to magnetize the arms of my Warhound Titans.
I ended up using 3/8″ magnets, specifically 3/8″ by 1/4″ step sided magnets.
There is (barely) room for 1/2″ magnets (which I used on my Reaver) and if I could do it again I might use those…as the 3/8″ magnets are ‘slightly’ too weak.
This is where I chose to magnetize the arms.
A Warhound titan arm is 3/4″ diameter at it’s widest, and the core arm is 5/8″
I used a 3/8″ forstner bit to drill the hold for the magnet
Test fitting the 3/8″ magnet. You can see a 1/2″ magnet on top of the 3/8″ magnet for size comparison
drill a hole to allow excess epoxy to squeeze out, allowing the magnet to fully seat.
JB weld, before mixing
jbweld, after mixing
Add jbweld to the drilled hole using a q-tip
Insert the magnet
Clean off the excess epoxy
Because the magnets I used were slightly too weak, the arms would ‘droop.’ I fixed this by drilling holes in the weapon and adding a pin to the shoulder.
Here you can see the pin that is used to fix the position of the weapons.
And here you can see pics of the finished warhounds